Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wow, It has been 1 week!

Sometimes it feels like I have been here:
1 year
1 month
1 week!
1 day
1 minute..
not 1 second, i know i haven't been here for 1 second!

So previous to this post was me getting cold feet about being here. I have learned that you must put yourself out there.

So I met up with a group of British people! Brits in LA who helped me find this apartment before I even arrived.
Eileen, Darren and Craig started this group 2 years ago. They have a breakfast and roast every week. They also do other get togethers which is really cool.
So I decided to go to The Village Idiot to meet them, it was a little scary going on my own but Eileen is a really cool person and makes you feel welcome! I then met Darren who is hilarious and Craig who is going to be on Melrose Place. It was great to talk to these guys and more Brits that came along. It is good to talk to like minded people who know how hard it is to get into this industry from another country. I then went out with them to a Bar that night! was great. Wish i brought my camera!

I also met up with a guy called Aaron Proctor who you can find on twitter, who i found on twitter and I don't remember how..?
he holds meetings every 2 weeks for people in the industry so they can network and help each other out. it was really cool of him to meet up with me and tell me about this industry! defiantly a good person!

I met another British guy from the UK who has been here for 5 years, Daniel Johnstone. He has his own production company. He also knows that it is hard to cut into the industry. Poor guy was sick and still met up with me!

Overall to be in any place you have to put yourself out there to be able to like it. 1 week ago I was thinking of going home, not even giving myself a chance..so to anyone that is new here make sure you try things before you leave!

I have more people to meet and quiet excited!

Job hunt is on. Stressin!

No comments:

Post a Comment