Thursday, September 10, 2009

Aloha!

ok!
Yesterday I arrived in Hawaii! and it is awesome!
I got here 2 days before my camp friends arrive, they arrive today.
I have spent a lot of time at the beach so I am bright red! woops. i have a ridiculous flip flop tan!!


i got a shuttle bus to my hotel and the guy that was driving was so into hawaii it was like i was on a tour bus. he was very similar to Forrest Gump, in the way he communicates with you.. so strange. anyway he was really into telling me about everything we passed. sometimes i enjoy silence but i felt bad and engaged in the conversation. there where other passengers in the bus and everytime he spoke to them he would say, "Mr and Mrs Boston?!" and they would reply,"....yes..?" "I absolutley love dropping people off at the Royal Hawaiian, it is a real treat." "Jacqueline, get ready for it, you will see they will put the Lei's and be all over them once we drop them off"



"oh cool, that's really cool".me.
When he was getting the luggage out Mr Boston said "I'm sure you will have many more converstations with him" yep.
It was probably a 5 mintue drive to my hotel. and he kept talking. then he was saying in 1986 he came out here blah blah because he met a native hawaiian that invited him over. He was between here and the mental something (what?!) I was semi worried now. He met a girl that he also picked up from airport, Christine, back in 1994..she called him (why?!) they drove around the island together "it was a beautiful day, we kept into contact by mail for 4 years but we lost touch when she moved to Brisbane" I would like to see who Christine is? Was she like Jenny of Forrest Gump?
"How old are you Jacqueline"
"twenty...three...."
"you where like ...twenty...threee.., I was going to say I would take you out for a coffee"
Me: slight chuckle. get me out.
Anyway we got to my hotel.
"Now Jacqueline I just want you just go straight to the desk once you get out and not worry about your bags, I will be right behind you."
"oh thats so nice"
"This is what I do, It's just for extra cash"
Ive never seen someone get my bags so quickly, lol, he climb through to where I was sitting, opened my door. Then I walked up to the desk and he placed my bags own next to me.
Said goodbye, and hugged me. eeeee....Tipped him. go. now. phewph. gone!
So I am a paranoid person. Sometimes I think he is follwoing me around. ahahah.

The beaches are great here! Just can't wait to get rid of the flip flop tan, as you can imagine!

I am here until the 15th. LA. The final stop. And who knows from there..I have been in touch with a few people in the industry so what to do when I meet them. Uhh..? Hi, please employ me!
Seriously, What to talk about ? I'm starting to freak out. Dreams are right there. Can I get them?

oh and can you believe, I saw that bitch of a chef, I blogged about previously, when I was walking back to my hotel?!!! out of all places?! Hawaii. Haha. I don't even see her in Perth. She didn't see me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment