Wednesday, May 13, 2009

why does it always take so long to get to wednesday

this scene from seinfeld (the pen) always reminds me of trying to count down the days or trying to make days go faster:

[setting: condo's guest room]

(Elaine is lying on the sofa bed. It's too hot. She can't fall asleep)

(knock on door)

ELAINE: Come in.

JERRY: Are you O.K. in here?

ELAINE: Why is it so hot in here? How can they sleep like this?

JERRY: It's only for three days. Today's over and we have tommorow. We leave on Sunday. It's one day, really.

ELAINE: Oh man. What is with this bar? It's right in my back. It's killing me.

JERRY: Oh you wanna switch? I'm sleeping on a love seat. I've got my feet up in the air like I'm in a space capsule.

ELAINE: I am never gonna fall asleep.

JERRY: Oh, don't say that. You'll jinx me.

ELAINE: How can they not put the air conditioning on?

JERRY: They're nuts with temperature.

ELAINE: This bar is right in my back! It's making a dent.

JERRY: How about that guy writing a check for 19.45?

ELAINE: I'm sweating here. I'm in bed, sweating.

JERRY: It's one day. Half a day, really. I mean you substract showers and meals, it's like twenty minutes. It will go by like that. (snapping his fingers)

(scene ends)

and of course this clip never fails to make me laugh:

No comments:

Post a Comment